Rating Movie Theater Snacks

Movies are important but sometimes it's the food that you eat while watching a movie that makes it even better. There are so many different snacks that have been made over the years, some good and some not so good. Today, you will hear my opinion on each snack with a genuine star rating.




#1: Buttered Popcorn: 3/5 stars 

Honestly this is the most classic snack there is to get at a move theater. And I don't want to be insincere but it has to be perfect for it to actually be good. For me, it is annoying to have super buttery popcorn that gets all over your hands and often leaves you parched. 




#2: Sno-Caps: 5/5 stars

I don't care what anyone says, this is one of my top 5 movie theater snacks. They are also quite a classic but they will never get old. It is the perfect amount of chocolate and sugar. 



        
#3 Milk Duds: 4.5/5 stars

Another "Hall-of-Fame" snack that I will always go back to if I have nothing else to choose. The thing with this candy is the fact that it is not about the taste, but it is about the texture and how they can be savored. The caramel is nice and chewy and will usually last you throughout the whole movie. Aside from all my love, there is just one bad thing about them and that is how they either stick to the sides of the container or there is never enough of the actual candy. I understand this is a very controversial rating but they are truly one of my favorites.

#4 Nachos: 1/5 stars

I have nothing to say about this snack. I'm not going to judge you if you enjoy this in a movie theater but for me, it is just so unfitting, the messiness, the crunching, everything about them is not right. "Not for movie theaters." -Alyette Fialon. 


          
  EWWWW


#5: M&Ms: 5/5 stars

Regular M&Ms: Again, another classic, you can never, ever go wrong with this snack. Although I gave it, a 5/5, I meant M&Ms in general. They are good but they go too quick. 

Peanut Butter M&Ms: Apart from movie theaters, this is the best candy ever! The perfect consistency and ration of chocolate to peanut butter.



#6: Twizzlers: 4.5/5 stars

The best candy if you are looking for something sweet but not rich and chocolatey. Of course this is not only staple at the movie theaters but something about eating these in the movie theater just makes me so happy. The one downside is that they can go too quick so it is often smart to buy 2 packs, but, I will always grab these for "that perfect gummy". P.S strawberry is much better than cherry :)



#7: Slurpees and Slushees: 3.5/5 stars

Don't get me wrong, these drinks can be paired so well with some of these snacks above but I really have never had a slurpee that really wowed me and even quenched my thirst. I feel like the whole point of a drink is to regain some liquid in your body after all these dry snacks, but slushees and slurpees never seem to do the trick. I still love them since they are always good for the first couple sips but until I get the perfect one, it will probably remain in this rating. 



#8: Sour Patch Kids: 2/5 stars

I can already feel the hate rolling in for this one. I understand they are a fan favorite but something about the aftertaste does not make me enjoy a movie. First of all, they get eaten within the ads before the movie even starts and second of all, they stick to your teeth. For the rest of the movie, I have had to use my tongue to pick out the sticky gummy particles attached to my teeth. For some odd reason, every time I go to the movie theater, I end up buying these as if I hadn't already learned my lesson beforehand. 



#9: Soft Pretzels: 1/5 stars

I don't have much to say about this snack partly because I have only ordered it once at the movie theaters when I was very young, but thinking about this, it doesn't really scream "movie theater snacks". I included it because a couple of my friends were raving about it but I don't think I would ever willingly buy a soft pretzel at the movie theaters. 



#10: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: 5/5 stars

And finally, we have the good ol' Reese's. I understand that for most of the snacks up above I have complained about how sometimes there aren't enough contents in the packets, but that doesn't apply to Reese's. Frankly, I feel sick if I have more than 2 or 3 of them and that's what makes them so special. Every bite is as delicious as the last one and I will never get rid of them. And, no, Reese's Pieces do not count. 




What are your favorite snacks?




Comments

Popular Posts